Sunday 30 November 2008

Multimedia art gallery

For some, art is all a bit static. As a medium is does have its limitations. It goes on your wall without changing while your telly will boom and flash with all your hearts desires, in surround sound.
The same thought occurred to me when a friend of mine bought a racing bike with no gears. Busting your balls to set off then your legs pedalling like the clappers at anything approaching a convenient speed. A couple of things made me change my opinion on the fertility reducing freak machine.
One is that is is beautifully engineered. Two is that in the right time and place it is absolutely gorgeous to ride. Pare things back to the basics and you get to appreciate the experience without anything getting in the way. In the same way when I was travelling round Argentina, they ate steak grilled simply, with nothing else on it but salt. Great quality doesn't need mixing or masking with other stuff. You think I'm losing the plot but art is like paring media right back to basics. So if you like art, think of yourself as a media purist. In the right time and place it's refreshing and lets you appreciate the quality of an image.
But for the sake of the gallery I wanted people to see around the art, see the background to it. Very few people buy art straight off the internet and quite rightly so. So here at mooch art I'm making videos and podcasts of the artists and the gallery. Making it accessible to the world. If you want to see more info on one artsit in particular let me know and I will make sure they feature in their own video.
Making the video always makes me think I should be louder, more articulate and funnier. Brain to mouth occasionally fails and ends up with me subsituting an err in the gap. Check it out, its mine and Hannah's 1st try so it can only get better. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated on this blog of you can email info@mooch-art.co.uk



No comments: