Tuesday 3 February 2009

New Exhibition - Angela Wakefield

the time has come again when the gallery undergoes an upheaval to change all the art on the walls. It's Angela Wakefield's chance to dazzle us with her skills. I have seen all new work now and can genuinely say I am very impressed. Art is subjective and I do need a balanced perspective but I just love her work.
Despite all its flaws, I love Manchester and think she has made the city look as colourful and exciting and maybe its reputation ought to be. The streets I have walked so often are captured with such a different perspective it has changed my view of the city.
Anyway so Wednesday is when we begin the long process of rehanging. Like anything it always takes 10 times longer than you expect. Its worth it in the end when you get that look on peoples faces when they first walk through the door.
Angela Wakefield Exhibition preview starts on Thursday feb 5th at 6pm and will go on until around 9pm. The gallery often stays open as people like to stay and chat and I don't switch the lights on and off, as a subtle sledgehammer hint. By that time I'm parched and starving having been running a la legless chicken for the past day.
The events are great though and people are always genuinely interested in the work. If you fancy coming along then send me and e-mail to info@mooch-art.co.uk.

No comments: